It's time to celebrate the start of our fifth season! Join us for a paddle party this Sunday, June 25. Stop by our shop between 10am and noon to to partake in the following festivities:
- Free Coffee By Design coffee and Holy Donuts (10 to noon)
- Try SUP for the first time for free (10 to 11): If you've never tried stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) our instructors will be on hand offering some pointers and giving you the chance to try it out for 15 minutes. If you like it, you can rent the SUP for a full hour or more.
- SUP rescue demos (10:30-11:15): Our SUP instructor will show you how to safely recover from a fall and what to do if somebody you're paddling with can't get back on their SUP.
- Kayak rescue demos (11:15-noon): Our kayak instructor demonstrate some techniques used to reenter a kayak after a capsize.
- Trip-planning advice (10 to noon): If you're considering a sea kayaking trip on the Maine Island Trail stop by and let us help you plan a route and choose island destinitions. We'll have nautical charts, guidebooks and experienced guides on hand to answer your questions. We can also tell you about the guided multi-day trips we offer.
In addition to these special happenings we'll also have our usual offerings on Sunday, including a guided sea kayak trip to Fort Gorges, a SUP Harbor Tour, our new Lighthouse & Fort Kayak Tour, and a Sunset Kayak Tour.
Hope to see you Sunday!