We're always looking for new ways to make it easier for locals to get out paddling. Each year we offer several free kayaking and SUP events on the Presumpscot River in Westbrook, and we work with lots of local schools and non-profits to get folks out paddling who might not get the chance otherwise.
So we thought we'd make it super easy for Portland residents to go for a paddle this week by offering free SUP rentals this Wednesday, with an instructor on hand to offer tips and support.
How to SUP for Free
Show up anytime after 4pm on Wednesday to grab a SUP and go for a paddle. We need all renters off the water by 7pm.
A few things to know:
- We'll have at least 15 boards available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If lots of people show up we may limit each rental to 30 minutes.
- Children 10 and up are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult on the water.
- We will likely limit where you can go based on your experience level and the conditions. Please plan to stay near shore unless you have significant SUP experience.
- An instructor will be on hand to offer some tips, but they will not be offering a complete lesson.
- This offer is limited to Portland residents.
- Dress appropriately. There's a good chance you'll get wet. We have wetsuits available for rent for $5.